How to do CAL-VET Waivers (8 June 2011)
We have received a number of questions regarding the processing of the CAL-VET tuition waivers as these must be updated each Spring for the following Summer, Fall, and Spring terms. Here is the basic guidance:

You need to fill out the CAL-VET application request form (available at our Veteran Services Office counter) and mail it in per the directions on the packet. Once we are in receipt of your 2011-2012 County of San Diego College Fee Waiver Authorization letter, we will need a copy of your 2011-2012 Board of Governor's Waiver (BOGW) confirmation page. To apply for the BOGW and get this letter:
  1. Go to
  2. Click on Financial Aid
  3. Click on BOGFW application
  4. Click on Money tab
  5. Click on Apply now for BOG fee waiver tab
  6. Select the Summer 2011-Spring 2012 option
  7. Log on/Create Account
  8. Complete Application Process and print the confirmation page
  9. Return copy of BOGFW confirmation page to Veterans Services along with your Cal-Vet letter.
If you have any questions about the application process, you may contact BOGW at 1-(800)-468-6927 or