Will the DVA pay for remedial classes?
Yes, so long as the need for those classes was determined by an SWC assessment test. If you are pursuing an associate degree or plan to transfer to a university for a bachelor's degree and you haven't had a math or English course at a previous institution, you need to be assessed here at SWC to determine your entry level courses.

Note: the DVA will not pay for online remedial courses, even if they are also considered prerequisites to approved courses. Hybrid courses (on-ground plus an online component) are acceptable for payment, but purely online courses are not.