T3 Sessions: Academic Success Center, building 420
- Fall/Spring Semesters: Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Summer Session: Monday - Thursday TBD
- Individual tutoring
- One-on-one tutoring
appointments are 55-minute sessions.
- Two-hour sessions are available
for grades 7–college level, if appropriate.
- Time is allotted at the end of
each session for tutee-tutor goal-setting for future sessions
and the tutor’s completion of Tutor Diaries and Appointment
- Sessions are tailored to individual
academic and social needs.
All T3 tutors are highly qualified for the grade levels and academic subjects
for which they tutor. Each has completed ED 100: Tutor Training—Level
1 at SWC or has equivalent training and a minimum of two years tutoring
experience. Many hold B.A or B.S degrees, as well as having teaching
Students entering grade 5 in
the Fall Semster of the current year through college level may enroll in T3.
Tutoring is currently offered for the
following subjects. Other subjects are available upon request and subject
to tutor availability.
- Computer Skills
- Study Skills
T3 Tutoring, Payment, and Refunds
- Individual one-on-one tutoring is
$21 per hour.
- Payment is made through the Academic Success Center (ASC) , Building 420.
- 8-hour vouchers are provided.
- Additional vouchers may be purchased
by calling the ASC at 619-482-6348, ext. 5921 or coming
to building 420.
- Refunds are provided for all unused
hours, except for unexcused absences or dismissal due to inappropriate
conduct (see below). Processing of refunds will take approximately
Procedures and Tutoring Session Length
- All T3
students must check in at the front counter in the ASC, Building 420,
at least five minutes before the session start time.
- Tutoring sessions are scheduled for
55 minutes, including time at the end to complete the T3
Appointment Confirmation Form while the student is present.
- 2-hour tutoring sessions are available
for grades 5 through college level, if appropriate. For increased retention,
a ten-minute break will be included.
- To report an absence or if the tutee
is going to be late, call the ASC T3 Office at 619-482-6348. Please leave the tutee’s name, the tutor’s
name, and the time and date of the tutoring appointment.
- Parents or students must inform the
T3 Office if they are going to
be absent for their tutoring session. Calls must be made at least
four hours before the appointment or the absence will be considered
unexcused. Emergencies will be handled individually.
- The student will be charged for each
unexcused absence, including the first appointment.
tutors will wait 15 minutes before the tutoring session is considered
an unexcused absence.
- Appeals will be reviewed by the ASC
It is expected that students enrolled
in the T3 Program are respectful of other
students, the tutors,
and the campus facilities.
Student behavior that is disruptive to
the learning environment will result in one warning and parent notification.
Further disruption will result in dismissal. Refunds will not be given.
- Parents may sit in during the first
tutoring session only.
- If parents have questions or concerns,
they should contact the ASC T3 Coordinator,
Ana Burleson, at 619-482-6348, ext. 5921.
- After each session, tutors will give
a copy of the T3 Tutoring Appointment
and Session Summary Form to the student. Parents may refer to this
document for information regarding the session focus. Comments for
the tutor may be written on the form and returned by the student at
the next session.
Program assumes no responsibility for transportation. The Chula Vista
Transit (CVT) currently serves Southwestern College with several bus
routes. To obtain a bus schedule, call 619-233-3004 or go to www.sdcommute.com.
- Please work with your child to determine
a designated pick-up site and the identity of acceptable driver(s).
The T3 Program staff do not monitor
- Students may wait in the Academic
Success Center, if desired.
- 45-minute metered parking is available
by the Information Booth.
- If you wish to park in designated
campus lots, parking permits are required.
- One-day, $3 parking permits are available
through the permit dispenser machines located in parking lots B, J,
O, and by the Information Booth.
- A semester parking pass is available
in the Cashiering Office in the Student Services Center.
- You may contact the T3 Coordinator at 619-482-6348, ext. 5921 or the Tutorial Center Coordinator at 619-421-6700,
ext. 5373 for registration, fees issues, schedule adjustments, ongoing program-related
issues, or program concerns.