Welcome to the
Southwestern College Online Orientation!
We congratulate you on your decision to come to college, and we believe in your future success. This early planning on your part will save time and energy and get you to your destination with pride and confidence.
After this presentation you will:
- Understand the importance of your assessment testing results and decide some of the classes you can take during your first semester
- Know the differences between: Certificates of achievement, Transfer programs, and Associate degree requirements
- Have a sense of the value of education
- Know the definitions of college terms like matriculation and general education
- Learn about helpful campus resources
Note: Be sure to give yourself approximately 30 to 45 minutes to complete the Online Orientation. Progress cannot be saved. Please do not close this window until you have finished the orientation.