Watch this short, lighter side orientation video !
You need Quicktime Player to view this movie
Get it here!
(Turn your pop-up blockers OFF)
New SWC faculty will probably be asked to use the online learning system at some early point in your career at SWC. The online learning system we use is called "Blackboard", an international product used by from than 60 million users worldwide. We have the best that Blackboard has to offer and this system has a wide range of features and benefits to help you use it for your classroom presentation, be it online, hybrid or face-to-face.
What you need to know:
- You can use Blackboard for any class you teach, it is not only for Online Classes!
- Download the Survival Guide from the link on this page for great information how to work your online course
- Your class and students are probably already in the blackboard system! We update them every hour.
- Your account on blackboard is already created if your paperwork has been processed by Human Resources
- Your course shell is available to you at any time, for any term. just ask us!
- If you don't know how to use Blackboard, or you have not used it here you need to become familiar with it by scheduling a one-on-one training with someone from the Online Learning Center. Just click on the Training and Support link on this page and submit the request
- There are blackboard workshops offered all year, check on the Staff Development calendar