The following are subject-oriented Web sites. These sites are good starting points
for exploring Biology resources on the Internet.
- AmphibiaWeb every
recognized species of amphibian in the world
- Biology Browser offers resources for the life sciences.
- Biology Project includes tutorials in Biochemistry and Cell Biology
- Biozone Bio Links are
organized into Biology and Microbiology topics.
- BUBL Link Life Sciences a
catalog of biology Internet sites.
- California Plants and Animals a report on the status of rare, threatened and endangered plants and animals of California.
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Encyclopedia of Life this site allows searches for specific species by common or scientific name..
- EnviroLink includes thousands of online environmental resources.
- Gene Gateway explores
genes and genetic disorders from the U.S. Office of Science.
- JoVE, Journal of Visualized Experiments presents video demonstrations of biological laboratory techniques.
- Khan Academy Biology Tutorial Videos a library of online videos covering biology related topics.
- Learn Biology Online covers
various aspects of Biology.
- Microbial Life information about the ecology, diversity and evolution of micro-organisms.
- National Center for Biotechnology
Information a resource for molecular biology information.
- NatureServe Explorer Online Encyclopedia includes more than 55,000 species and ecosystems.
- NCBI Taxonomy
Homepage a tool for finding the lineage to 80,000 species.
- North American Mammals this site focuses on US mammals includes individual species records, illustrations, photos and basic facts.
Biology an online version of the Public Library of Science
- SciCentral provides breaking science research news.
- Science Seeker thousands of science blogs around the world, written by active scientists, journalists, professors, students, and interested laypeople.
- Science.gov connects you to US Government
science and technology information.
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Library features research and information on marine science.
- Virtual Bacteria Museum provides information on all aspects of bacteria.
- Wildlife Finder explore a wealth of video, sounds, stories and breaking news about your favourite animals.