The following are subject-oriented Web sites. These sites are good starting points for exploring Physics resources on the Internet.
- Eric Weisstein's World of Physics is an electronic encyclopedia of physics topics, including all the major topics in modern physics with references for further reading. Topics are searchable, or users can browse links.
- Career Guidance in Physics Thinking about a career in the area of physics? The American Institute of Physics provides information about the careers of physics bachelor's degree recipients
- Khan Academy Physics Tutorial Videos a library of online videos covering topics related to physics.
- Periodic Table of the Elements features descriptions of all of the elements, with history and uses, facts and figures, and other details. Also includes lists of the elements by atomic number and chemical name and symbol. From the Jefferson Lab, Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility.
- The Periodic Table of Videos Click on the symbol for each chemical element on the Periodic Table of the Elements for a short video about that element.
- Physics and Astronomy Reference includes general physical science reference sources and astronomy data.
- Physics Central This site exists to "describe the latest research and the people who are doing it and, if you want more, where to go on the web." Features include a writer's gallery of physicists' essays and a question and answer service about how things work.
- U.C. Berkeley Physics Lecture Demonstrations contains "information and pictures used for preparing and performing undergraduate lecture demonstrations at the University of California Physics Department at Berkeley." Topics include mechanics, waves, heat and matter, electricity, magnetism, optics, and astronomy.
- Physics To Go provides informaton about Earth's physical surroundings and the universe.
- Science.gov Physics and Chemistry is a gateway to science information provided by U.S. Government agencies, including research and development results." From the science.gov Alliance , a group of U.S. government science agencies.
- Martindale Calculators and Physics On-Line Center provides collections of links to websites on numerous subjects, with a focus on measurement and conversion tools. Topics include mathematics, and science.