The following are subject-oriented Web sites. These sites are good starting points
for exploring Art and Fine Art resources on the Internet.
- Archives of American Art Hundreds of oral history transcripts on American art.
- Art History Resources on the Web Well-organized selection of links to websites covering all of art history.
- Artcyclopedia The guide to
art on the Internet.
- The Artchive: has an
alphabetical list of artists.
- ArtLex: dictionary of visual art Over
3,300 terms are defined, with links to illustrations and related websites.
- ArtScene Complete roster of art gallery
and museums in Southern California.
- Artsource contains
links to art and architecture sites.
- ARTstor is a digital library of 300,000 images covering art, architecture and archeology. For off-campus use please contact our reference desk.
- ArtsJournal.com Daily summaries of and full-text links to arts stories selected from English language sources.
- Calisphere includes more than 150,000 digitized items - photographs, documents, newspaper pages, political cartoons, works of art, and other unique cultural artifacts. Calisphere is a public service project of the California Digital Library .
- CAMEO: Conservation and Art Material Encyclopedia contains chemical, physical, visual, and analytical information on over 10,000 historic and contemporary materials used in the conservation, preservation, and production of artistic, architectural, and archaeological materials.
- The Image Project provides access to CSU collections of images used for education and research.
- Khan Academy Art History Tutorial Videos A library of online videos covering topics related to Art History.
- Museumlink's Museum of Museums Web directory of museums worldwide with links to their web sites.
- National Gallery of Art presents
over 4,000 paintings, sculptures, and prints.
- NYPL Digital Gallery Access to over 363,000 images digitized from primary sources and printed rarities .
- Smarthistory: a multimedia web-book about art and art history designed as a dynamic enhancement for the traditional art history textbook.
- Smithsonian American Art Museum spans
over 600 years of art history from the Middle Ages to the present day.
- Web Art Gallery contains over 11,600 digital reproductions of European paintings and sculptures created between the years 1150 and 1800.
- Web Art Gallery contains
over 11,600 digital reproductions of European paintings and sculptures created
between the years 1150 and 1800.
- World Images contains
over 50,000 images from throughout the world this searchable database provides access to the California State University IMAGE Project.
- WorldWide Arts Resources A searchable directory
of art sites.