The following are subject-oriented Web sites. These sites are good starting points
for exploring Health Information resources on the Internet.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention get data, statistics, and reports on all aspects of health: individual, preventative, and environmental.
- DIRLINE a directory of online health related organizations that have 1-800 numbers.
- Drug, Supplements and Herbal Information - prescription & over-the-counter drugs, from MEDLINEplus
- Hardin MD - high quality site lists a "directory of directories" for health and medicine and is maintained by Hardin Library for the Health Sciences at the University of Iowa.
- Healthfinder - for consumers & professionals,
in English & Spanish
- HealthLine - allows consumers to find health information on the Web.
- Khan Academy Healthcare and Medicine Tutorial Videos a library of online videos covering Healthcare and Medical related topics.
- Medscape - medical news and resources
for health professionals
- MEDLINE Plus
an excellent consumer health info in English and Spanish from the U.S. National Library of Medicine
- Merck Manual of Medical Information -
in easy-to-understand English
- National Center for Health
Statistics A-to-Z list
- Nutrition Analysis Tool -
analyze the nutrient content of foods.
- Science.gov connects you to US Government
health and medical information.
- WebMD provides health resources for consumers, physicians, nurses, and educators. Includes news, chat forums, health quizzes and consumer product updates..
- World Health Information provides core health statistics, information about current disease outbreaks, health programs, emergencies, profiles of health systems in member states, links to health topics and research tools.