|Emergency Medical Services
The following sites are helpful starting points for exploring Internet resources
of interest to EMT and Paramedic students.
- Southwestern College Paramedic
- BMC: Emergency
Medicine publishes original research articles in all aspects of emergency medicine, trauma, and pre-hospital care.
- California Governor's Office of Emergency Services (OES) the OES "is responsible for assuring the state's readiness to respond to and recover from natural, manmade, and war-caused emergencies, and for assisting local governments in their emergency preparedness, response and recovery efforts.
- Emergency Medicine an online textbook on emergency medicine written for medical practitioners and the public.
- Firehouse.com contains information for members of the firefighting and emergency medical services industries. Click on an interactive U.S. map and find state and regional news, websites, fire department profiles
- National Safety Council: virtual library of online & downloadable resources
- Wiser designed to assist first responders in hazardous material incidents. WISER provides a wide range of information on hazardous substances, including substance identification support, physical characteristics, human health information, and containment and suppression guidance.
These Internet resource directories are useful for exploring a subject to find
out what's available on the Internet. Be sure to carefully evaluate what
These databases will help you locate articles from professional or
scholarly journals, from magazines, and from newspapers. Articles may or may
not be presented in full; contact the main campus library to obtain complete
- Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics -
information from the Occupational Outlook Handbook
Contact the Emergency Medical Technology and
Paramedic Program office at Southwestern College for more information about becoming a paramedic or emergency medical
|Your Library has a great deal more information on this topic!
magazine and newspaper articles are available online. These services
are for current Southwestern College students and staff. Pick up passwords at
the reference desk or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.