Searching the Internet Evaluating Internet Information
Internet Subject Guides
|Administration of Justice
The following are subject-oriented Web sites. These sites are good starting points for exploring Administration of Justice resources and law enforcement career information on the Internet.
- Bureau of Justice Statistics Statistics about crime, prosecution, offenders and sentencing from the U.S. Department of Justice.
- California Codes, Lexis Nexis Academic access the vehicle, penal and other California code laws covering various subject areas.
Access from off campus is for currently enrolled students at SWC College
- Civil Rights Division Information from the U.S. Department of Justice.
- COPS - Office of Community Oriented Policing Services includes community policing topics for law enforcement with topic guides & reports and links to additional resources.
- Corrections.com provides best practices, resources, case studies and new technologies in the field of corrections.
- Crime and Clues The art and science of criminal investigation.
- Criminal Justice Statistics Center Statistics about crime and the criminal justice system in California from the California Department of Justice.
- Death Penalty Information Center is a non-profit organization serving the media and the public with analysis and information on issues concerning capital punishment.
- FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin provides peer-reviewed information on current law enforcement issues and research.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation A national security organization with both intelligence and law enforcement responsibilities.
- FindLaw Resources links to criminal law databases and statistics.
- JUSTNET: Justice Technology Information Network Great resource for technology information in criminal justice.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS): A federally funded resource that offers justice and substance abuse information to support research.
- National Institute of Justice: This site is dedicated to researching crime control and justice issues.
- Officer.com A law enforcement portal that currently offers news, forums, chat rooms and an online directory.
- SANDAG: Criminal Justice includes brief topical papers covering many aspects of the justice system including adult and juvenile arrest data and regional crime statistics.
- Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics provides information on characteristics, sentences and public attitudes towards criminal justice related topics.
- United States Department of Justice provides access to information and resources led by the U.S Attorney General.
- Zeno's Forensic Site provides information on Forensic Sciences
- Border Patrol provides career information.
- CriminalJusticeUSA.com provides aspiring criminal justice professionals with current and informative career information and job descriptions. .
- Criminal Justice Profiles Up-to-date career and job information for Administration of Justice professionals, job seekers and students. .
- FBI Career information for those seeking to work for the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Law Enforment and Administration of Justice Careers A wide range of law enforcement career and occupational information.
- Probation and Correctional Officers Occupational guide from the Occupational Outlook Handbook.
- Police and Detectives Career information from the Occupational Outlook Handbook.
These Internet resource directories are useful for exploring a subject to find
out what's available on the Internet. Be sure to carefully evaluate what
- About.com provides
hundreds of law enforcement sites.
|Your Library has a great deal more information on this topic!
magazine and newspaper articles are available online. These services
are for current Southwestern College students and staff. Pick up passwords at
the reference desk or contact us at email@example.com.