Searching the Internet Evaluating Internet Information
Internet Subject Guides
|Career and Job Information
- About.com--Jobs/Careers online
web guides covering career planning, interviewing, resumes, negotiating a
Careers Page learn all about planning a career in biology.
Occupational Guides this series provides statewide information about
InfoNet provides access to online career information and occupation profiles.
One Stop sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor this site provides career information and employment trends.
- Careers in Business a directory of websites about different business career fields.
- Careers in Psychology explore different psychology related career fields.
- Careers-Internet.org includes
career and scholarship information. Select the member button and login
User Name= 35w and Password= future
- Chronicle Career Library / On-Campus Access
Chronicle Career Library / Off-Campus Access presents information on more than 2,000 occupational titles
Currently enrolled students can access this resource from off campus locations. Visit this website http://www.swccd.edu/~library/Lvl2/index.asp?L2=26
for additional information regarding off campus access.
- College Board.com - Major & Career Profiles
provides career information by field of study.
- Criminal Justice Profiles explore criminal justice careers including Border Patrol Agent, FBI, CIA, Counter Terrorism, Forensic Scientist and more
- Dictionary of Occupational Titles the complete revised fourth edition of the (DOT), as supplied electronically by the US Dept. of Labor.
- Green Careers provides information on green jobs. The list ofoccupations includes: wages, expected job prospects, what workers do on the job, working conditions, and necessary education, training, and credentials.
- Guides for Specific
Careers guides to careers from Anthropology to Health to Trades includes
job information in California and career resources.
- Job Choices Online - general-purpose career resource site.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook the government's premier source of career guidance featuring hundreds of occupations and career fields.
- O*NET Online detailed descriptions of the world of work and careers.
- Salary Surfer California Community College Chancellor's Office comparative information about the earnings of recent graduates who received an award in a specific program area at California community colleges.
- usnews.com: Work
and Career Information
- What Can I Do With
a Major In... ? find out what careers are available to those majoring
in a variety of disciplines.
- What Can I Do With
a Major In - Resource List provides a list of resources from different university and college career centers.
- Yahoo Subject
Directory--Career Information. career research by the Bureau of Labor
Employment and Job Resources
- Cal Jobs is California's Employment Development Department's (EDD) Job Service that serves employers who want to fill job openings and individuals seeking employment.
- CareerBuilder.com free
access to employment ads from major U.S. newspapers. Search by industry
Magazine comprehensive online career resource with job openings
updated daily, employer profiles, and career links.
- Indeed -
An employment search engine that searches job Web sites, newspapers, and company career pages by keyword and location to fit your needs.
- Job-Hunt.org provide a comprehensive
listing of useful Internet-accessible job-search resources and services
on the Web.
- JobStar San Diego -
San Diego area job search guide.
- Monster.com - a database
of information for the job seeker.
- Net-Temps - a job search
center, career information and a resume bank.
- San Diego
Careers.com San Diego employment links.
- Salary.com this
website includes interactive tools, and a Salary Center.
- Studentjobs.gov provides information on how to find jobs in the federal government.
|Your Library has a great deal more information on this topic!
magazine and newspaper articles are available online. These services
are for current Southwestern College students and staff. Pick up passwords at
the reference desk or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.