Searching the Internet Evaluating Internet Information
Internet Subject Guides
|Financial Aid & Scholarships
Resources Guide (PDF)
- FastWEB a database
of more than 1.3 million scholarships. Receive updated scholarship information daily.
- Scholarship.com This site provides access to "free college scholarship search and financial aid information resources."
- Scholarship Experts create your own profile to be matched with scholarship award listings that are available.
- College Tool Kit Scholarship Site A "one-stop resource for life after high school allowing students to find and apply for scholarships, search through a database of more than 4,000 colleges, and explore 900 careers all in one location.
- Scholarship Finder
includes more than 5,000 scholarships, fellowships, loans, and other financial aid opportunities.
- CollegeBoard.com lists
scholarships, loans,and other types of financial aid programs.
- Sallie Mae's Scholarship Search have access to a free scholarship search and checklists, and receive monthly e-newsletters.
- CollegeNet a
free searchable database of scholarship information and awards.
at The San Diego Foundation this website provides local scholarship
Scholarship Search includes scholarship programs for International
students and US study abroad students.
Guide to Colleges and Financial Aid an easy to use award winning
site for finding scholarship information and financing
- American Indian College Fund this organization "provides scholarships and other support for the nation's 32 tribal colleges and universities." The site features a list and links to tribal colleges, details about scholarships available, the process of deciding to go to college and, once enrolled, learning about financial aid and money management
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund is a site that provides scholarship information to Asian and Pacific Islander Americans (APIAs) with financial need.
- Hispanic College
Fund includes multiple scholarship programs which you can read about online. Each program has different requirements and may have different deadlines. Once you complete your applications, HCF will match you to the scholarship program which fits you best.
- Latino College Dollars.org from the Tomas Rivera Policy Institute this site contains information on more than 300 scholarships targeting Latino high school, undergraduate, and graduate students across the United States. A guide on how to apply for scholarships in both Spanish and English is included
Negro College Fund features information about the programs, scholarships, and member colleges of this "minority higher education assistance organization.
- GoCollege an informational website on how to find scholarships and also includes scholarship essay writing tips.
- FINAID lists
several scholarship databases for students pursuing specific majors or courses
- U.S. Department
of Education webpage
provides financial aid information from the Department of Education.
- Student Loan Info from
Nellie Mae find
out more about planning for the big step to higher education, including saving
strategies, determining the right college, financial aid options and more...
- The Choice (New York Times) this college blog will keep you up to date on the latest trends on college admission, testing, and financial aid. The blog also features a lot of question-and-answer sessions with college admission officers and other higher ed experts.
|Your Library has a great deal more information on this topic!
magazine and newspaper articles are available online. These services
are for current Southwestern College students and staff. Pick up passwords at
the reference desk or contact us at email@example.com.