|THE ASSESSMENT CYCLE
|A full Cycle of
Assessment has two parts:
- Every outcome written by a discipline, program
unit has been through the assessment process.
- Every outcome has gone through the following
providing instruction and/or services)
a plan or
collecting more data (which restarts the cycle)
on image for a printable version.
At this point in the outcomes assessment process at Southwestern
College, the following guidelines have been set.
all academic outcome assessment results are stored in
eLumen. Please note that administrative units are not placing
outcome assessment results into eLumen. They are storing
in their offices and reporting them in Program Review.
- All courses should have at least two Course-Level
Student Learning Outcomes (CSLOs).
- All degree and certificate programs should have at
least one Program-Level Student Learning Outcome (PSLO).
- All administrative units should have at least 2
Administrative Unit Outcomes (AUOs).
- All written outcomes should be assessed by the end
of spring 2012 to maintain our current accreditation standing.
- Assessment is an ongoing, cyclical process.
- Assessments should be conducted throughout the
academic year in classes and during services.
- Assessment results are reported annually as part of
- Assessment results are included in the
decision-making processes on campus including decisions regarding
curriculum, budget allocation, technology needs, and the allocation of