- See schedule for 2012 season results
- See schedule.
November 29, 2012 - SWC’s water women go deep into the playoffs
By Southwestern Sun - Southwestern College women’s water polo team made like flying fish and whipped the Miramar College Jets 12-10 in the first round of the Pacific Coast Athletic Conference Championship...(click title for entire article).
November 9, 2012 - Talented Athlete Regroups After Escaping Six Years of Abuse
By Southwestern Sun - For six years Jenny Zuniga was losing. She almost lost everything...(click title for entire article).
Top 10 Reasons to Choose SWC to continue your water polo career:
1. Head Coach with experience coaching at the Division I, II, and III level.
2. Head Coach with a national reputation and a network of contacts of coaches at the Division I, II, and III level.
3. Head Coach with experience playing at the elite Collegiate and the elite National Level.
4. Assistant coaches with playing experience at the elite Collegiate Division I & II level.
5. A program dedicated to enhancing your water polo skills and preparing you for the next level of play.
6. More opportunity to play therefore giving you the opportunity to fine tune your water polo skills opposed to the limited amount of playing time freshmen generally get.
7. Flexibility and a close proximity to your home which enhances the level of academic success and avoids the stress of traffic and cost of travel.
8. An Academic Success Program through which the athlete, coach, and athletic department work together to ensure academic and athletic success while at Southwestern College, laying a foundation for future academic and athletic success at the next level.
9. A coach with a network of contacts in the water polo community to serve as guest coaches to further your athletic success.
10. Dedicated coaches to a positive and fun season where the emphasis is on the players, their academic success, progress toward their future endeavors, team cohesiveness and where winning will be a favorable by product of all the above.
Former Team Member (Fall 2012)
I choose to play water polo for SWC because I thought it would be a great experience. My favorite part of the season was getting to know my teammates and just being able to play with amazing teammates. My teammates are super friendly and fun because they are really helpful when you have a question and their easy to get along with. My coaches were amazing and awesome! Because they taught me everything I know and if it wasn’t for them I don’t think I would have gone this far. The best part of playing water polo for SWC is being able to meet new people and being able to represent SWC. I recommend playing water polo for SWC because you won’t regret an amazing, enjoyable and fun season with amazing coaches and teammates.
Former Team Mate (Fall 2012)
I choose to play water polo for SWC because I needed to get my mind focused and wanted to challenge myself. My favorite part of the season was traveling. It was the best thing about water polo; experiencing another city was like being on vacations and receiving lunch money was awesome. My teammates are very funny because they always made laugh. My coaches were supportive and motivating because they pushed me to always do my best. The best part of playing water polo for SWC is the traveling and the competitiveness of the sport. I recommend playing water polo for SWC because it will push you to a greater level of competition, not only for your mind, but also for your body and spirit.
Former Team Member (Fall 2012)
I choose to play water polo for SWC because I knew it was an awesome sport and I wanted to stay in great shape. My favorite part of the season was joking around with the team during practice and during the tournaments. My teammates are crazy, different and perfect because we all got along so well and can talk about anything together. My coaches were funny and very helpful because they want to have a good time too and they really know stuff. The best part of playing water polo for SWC is the friendships we all made with everyone, it is great to exercise and it’s a lot of fun! I recommend playing water polo for SWC because it’s a great sport and it shows how competitive you are and how to work as a team. ‘Funniest Story’ was trying to build forts in our hotels.