The Dental Hygiene Clinic at the Higher Education Center is a teaching facility, therefore, care/treatment is offered only to individuals that meet the appropriate patient criteria for student learning; not all patients will qualify to receive dental hygiene services:Patients must:
- Be free of medical or dental conditions that would make treatment hazardous to patient or operator.
- Have oral and behavioral conditions that are considered acceptable for student learning.
- Have interest in learning preventive oral hygiene techniques.
- Cooperate in keeping clinic appointments on time.
- Conditions for Treatment as Participating Clients/Patients (PDF)
- Condiciones para el tratamiento la participación de los clientes / pacientes (PDF)
Treatment of Minors
A parent or legal guardian must accompany individuals under the age of 18 at each appointment. They must remain available throughout the entire visit.
The Dental Hygiene Program does not provide childcare services for parents while they are receiving care. Children cannot be left unattended in the reception area during a parent's appointment.
Also, children are not allowed in any clinic treatment area unless they are a patient receiving treatment.