Services provided at the Southwestern College Dental Hygiene Clinic include:
- taking vital signs (blood pressure, pulse, respiration)
- performing extra oral and intra oral examinations
- providing dental cleanings
- exposing and processing radiographs (x-rays)
- applying topical fluoride
- applying pit and fissure sealants
- designing and implementing dental hygiene patient education programs.
The Southwestern College Dental Hygiene Clinic does not provide a comprehensive dental examination for patients nor does it provide restorative dentistry (fillings/crowns), oral surgery (extractions), periodontal surgery or orthodontics (braces). It is highly recommended that all patients arrange an appointment with a dentist of their choice for a comprehensive examination, diagnosis, and treatment as indicated. For assistance in locating a dentist or community clinic, please refer to the websites below.