Services and Benefits
“I had such a wonderful experience with this program that I never dreamed I would. I met new people, learned so many valuable things. I feel I am living a beautiful stage of my life where I now feel I want to overcome barriers and move ahead.”
The Microenterprise Family Childcare Program collaborates with over 20 community, school and government agencies to provide the unique services and benefits to participants of the program:
- Business Counseling in Spanish
- Childcare Licensing Requirements covered: Orientation Meeting held on site, Application Fee, Fingerprinting for participant.
- Offsite excursions also included: Local Family Childcare Businesses, Small Business Development Center, YMCA Childcare Resource Service (CRS), Local Preschools, etc.
- Workshops on Community Topics offered by the Family Resource Center – Free, in Spanish.
- Small Business Loan Opportunity through ACCION: Application Fee, Credit Check, Site visit to home to assess renovation needed to meet Licensing Requirements, etc.
- Post Licensing Orientation Training through the YMCA CRS.
- Family Childcare Resource Library access onsite.
- Mentoring Program with an experienced Family Childcare Business Owner.
- Incentive Gifts – needed for Childcare Business – fire extinguisher, smoke alarm, First Aid kit, etc.
- Alumni Group – for continued networking, education and support.
- Childcare available for children (2-5 years old) of participants.