“I learned a lot of things that I didn’t know. Now I feel that I am prepared to take good care of the children…I know how to talk to the children, how to prepare meals, new ideas of how to set up my childcare, health and safety issues and how to prepare daily curriculum.”
The Microenterprise Family Childcare Program includes coursework in Child Development and Business. The program is 14 weeks long and offered each semester. Participants must be available Monday – Friday from 9:00am-1:00pm for classes and program activities.
- 60 hours Child Development
- 20 hours Infant/Toddler courses
- 32 hours Business courses
- 15 hours in Health and Safety, Pediatric First Aid and CPR (required by Childcare Licensing)
- Plus additional hours of other required activities.
All coursework is conducted in Spanish. Participants interested in taking Family Childcare coursework in English may take credit courses through the Southwestern College Child Development Program or Non Credit courses through Southwestern College Continuing Education.