Home > Higher Education Centers > Higher Education Center at National City > What's New > HEC,NC Parking Rules & Regulations
HEC,NC Parking Rules & Regulations
Higher Education Center Parking Rules & Regulations
The Higher Education Center parking and traffic is supervised by the Southwestern College Police Department and Public Safety Assistants. The following rules and regulations pertain to all students, staff and public. A copy of the college parking policy is available in the Business and Operations office, Main Campus, Room 1651.
- All regulatory signs within the parking structure must be obeyed. Violators will be cited under California Vehicle Code Section 21113(a).
- The maximum speed limit within the parking structure is 10 MPH.
- Parking is allowed in marked spaces only.
- Except in disabled parking spaces, all vehicles must have a valid college parking permit, properly displayed, while parked in the parking structure. Vehicles parked in disabled person spaces must display state-issued disabled person identification at all times.
- Staff parking spaces (gold-lined parking stalls) require a valid staff parking permit at all times. Staff permits are valid in student and staff parking spaces.
- Student parking spaces (white-lined parking stalls) require a valid student semester parking permit or a single day parking permit, Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. , and Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Student semester parking permits are available through telephone registration. After the registration period, permits may be purchased at the Higher Education Center Student Services, Room 7116.
- Single day permits, valid the date of issuance, are available for $2.00 from the permit dispenser located on the second level of the structure next to the elevator.
- Parking on the roof of the structure is prohibited and its use is solely for the staff and visitors of the San Diego County of Education Facility.
- Purchase of a parking permit does NOT guarantee a parking space. The responsibility for finding a legal parking space rests with the operator of the vehicle. Lack of space is not an excuse for illegal parking.
- Southwestern College is not responsible for lost or stolen permits. Replacement permits may be purchased in the Higher Education Center Student Services, Room 7116.
- A refund (or a credit of the fee) for a student semester parking permit can be processed in Student Services during the class change/refund period ONLY of the semester for which it was purchased. The permit must be returned in order for a refund or a credit to be processed. Refunds for parking permits are mailed and may take up to four weeks after the class change/refund period. Refunds are not given for single day parking permits.
- Special permits may be issued on a case-by-case basis. Such permits must be displayed on the dash, face up.
- Parking or loitering on campus after 10:00 p.m. or after special events is prohibited.