Home > Student Info > Student Activities > Distribution of Literature & Policies > Vendor Solicitation
TERMS OF CONTRACT
- Vendor Request for Solicitation shall be submitted to the Dean of Student Activities for review and approval. Non profit organizations, military recruiters and voter registration vendor fee shall be waived. All of the following organizations shall abide by the same regulations. The cost per day is $75.00 per day (payment due in advance with this signed contract). If 20% of gross sales is greater than the $75.00 per day fee, those additional funds will be deposited each day at the close of the activity.
- The vendor must produce a receipt for each sale, and a receipt will be given to each customer.
- The vendor must provide a copy of proper license and State Board of Equalization Resale Tax number. All taxes shall be included in the price of the merchandise.
- No contract shall be granted for more than four (4) days per month.
- No vendor shall sell Southwestern College or Jaguar logo merchandise.
- No vendor shall sell items that are sold on campus by exclusive contract with other vendors.
- The District reserves the right to deny any organization or individual use of any facility for the purpose of selling merchandise.
- Any vendor using school facilities under this contract shall hold harmless the School District, its Governing Board, the individual members, thereof, and all District employees or agents from any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense that may arise during or be caused in any way by such use of school facilities.
- Our policy for all representatives of businesses and government organizations is that students must be able to pass contact personnel without interference. Vendors cannot solicit on other parts of the campus. The individual/organization must stay behind the assigned table, refrain from physically approaching students and students and/or harassing.
GUIDELINES FOR DISTRIBUTION OF PARTISAN MATERIALS AND VOTER REGISTRATION
- The individual/organization is entitled to reasonable access at reasonable times.
- Distribution of partisan materials:
a. The individual/organization will be assigned to the Student Union Patio (Free Speech area).
b. The individual/organization must stay behind the assigned table and students cannot be harassed.
c. The individual/organization must refrain from physically approaching students.
d. Students must be able to pass contact personnel without interference.
- Voter Registration
a. The individual/organization will not present information or behave in a partisan manner.
b. The individual/organization who registers students to vote, shall not register just one party.
c. The overall thrust should be to stress the importance of voting and to encourage students to register.
d. The individual/organization must stay behind the assigned table and students cannot be harassed.