Steps to Apply for DSS
Steps to Apply for Southwestern College Disability Support Services
DSS services are voluntary.
- Complete the DSS Application form.
The DSS Application form and verification forms listed below may be obtained at the following locations:
- Chula Vista Campus: Disability Support Services, Room S108
- Higher Education Centers at San Ysidro, National City or Otay Mesa
- Download the DSS application by clicking one of the below links:
APPLICATION TO REQUEST DISABILITY SUPPORT SERVICES (PDF, 27KB)
PETICIÓN DE SERVICIOS DE APOYO A DISCAPACITADOS (PDF, 27KB)
If you received specialized services from a high school that you recently graduated from, complete the High School Consent to Release Confidential Information form (PDF, 24KB). Write the name of your high school and year of graduation or last attendance on this form.
DSS will forward your completed verification form to the appropriate source.
- When DSS receives the disability documentation the student will be contacted to schedule an appointment with a DSS specialist to discuss appropriate accommodations and academic program.
- Students who wish to be assessed for a possible learning disability should complete and submit the APPLICATION TO REQUEST DISABILITY SUPPORT SERVICES (PDF, 27KB). For additional information about Learning Disabilities please refer to DSS Learning Disabilities Web page.