2007 Construction Updates
- One way Traffic on perimeter road going north bound in front of building 800 to 750.
- Base and pavement on perimeter road along Lot C and pavement at new Lot C driveway the week of September 10th.
- Masonry Wall #1 Backfill at lower lot
- Concrete pour for sidewalks at perimeter road, Lot J (on-going)
July 30-August 2, 2007
- Pull fire line pipe through Campus on Friday, July 27th. Work to complete August 2nd.
- Asphalt base for Lot A schedule for the week of July 30th
- One-way traffic on the perimeter heading west from building 382 to 420. East bound traffic must detour through lot C starting at building 480 then process to the front of the main campus.
July 23-26, 2007
- In front of building 700 at the main walkway (grass area) the contractor will be excavating and installing the pipe for the new fire main for the next 6 days starting Thursday morning.
- Excavation in the planter area south of building 540 and 550 as well as the southwest corner of building 570 will began Friday. Work will be on going through the 3rd of August.
July 16-19, 2007
- Drilling for the new fire line under the main walkway will start this Thursday and continue throughout the next three weeks completing by the 3rd of August.
- Demolition on the interior of music buildings 800 and 850 begins this Thursday.
- Starting Monday 7/23/07, set up starting Friday 7/19/07: The perimeter road on the south end of campus in front of building 320 to 480 will have one-way traffic heading westbound (clock wise) and all eastbound traffic must detour through Lot C heading toward the front of the campus.
July 9-12, 2007
- Installation of the new fire line through campus is ongoing from 7am to 3:30pm daily. The new line runs from of building 700 to 570 on the north side of the main walkway.
- A construction perimeter fence will be installed around buildings 800 and 850 and remain until the completion of the music building remodel.
June 25-28, 2007
- Lot A closed from 6/11/07 thru 8/17/07
- One-way in bound traffic on Elmhurst, One–way south bound traffic on perimeter road in front of Lot A at bus stop area, One-way out bound traffic on Gotham. No right hand turns from Elmhurst onto perimeter road. One–way traffic on perimeter road from Lot J going West /South all the way to Gotham.
- The back gate is open Monday thru Friday from 7am to 4:30 for exit only.
- Demo starting 6/27/07 at Lot O southwest stairs and south bank to prepare for new stairs. Stairs on west bank will remain open for use until the new stairs on the south bank is ready for use.
June 18-21, 2007
Fire Life Safety Perimeter Road Construction Update
2 week project schedule: 6/18/2007 thru 6/30/2007
- Phase A will be completed by September 15th
- Phase B - Lot A closed from 6/11/07 thru 8/17/07
- One-way in bound traffic on Elmhurst, One–way south bound traffic on perimeter road in front of Lot A at bus stop area, One-way out bound traffic on Gotham.
- Saw cutting on perimeter road in front of Lot O and Lot J
- Saw cutting at entrance of campus police and out bound lane on Elmhurst
- Cut / cap and removal of irrigation. Begin demo for rough grading / widening road.
- Demo to begin at Lot C entrance in front of building 420 and work completed by August 17,2007
June 11-14, 2007
Parking Lot A will be closed through August as construction on the perimeter road continues. Highlights of this phase of the project include:
- Sawcuts within same area for demo
- Begin concrete/asphalt removals and processing for export and recycle
- Begin excavation of detention basin and swale
- Begin tree removal and processing for recycle
Download the Perimeter road phasing plan (PDF, 657KB)