Home > Online Learning > Student Information > What is Online Learning? > Characteristics of Online Students
Characteristics of Online Students
As an online student you:
- Attend class at home rather than on campus and thus determine for yourself when you "go to class."
- Use computer technology and the Internet to access student learning materials.
- Build beneficial career skills with information technology due to hands-on experience.
- Use online environments to communicate with other students and with your professors.
- E-mail, use bulletin boards (forum), chat.
- Develop fine-tuned time management skills.
- Exhibit independent learning skills.
- Do you like to work independently?
- Are you self-motivated?
- Do you have "keyboard comfort" so that you don't spend your time concentrating on the keyboard rather than concentrating on class content?
- Are you comfortable asking for clarification if something is unclear to you?
- Do you have experience surfing the World Wide Web?