Abilities Beyond Limitation Through Education (ABLE) Club
A.B.L.E. Club WELCOMES ALL STUDENTS
who share common concerns about programs and services that are offered to students with disabilities. A.B.L.E. Club membership is open to students, staff and faculty with and without disabilities.
- To unify students at Southwestern College and to connect, interact and talk about new ideas and personal experiences with other students and faculty
- To offer students a chance to take a more ACTIVE role on issues pertaining to students with disabilities
- To provide DSS (Disability Support Services) and Campus information to all students
- To fundraise for disability equipment , scholarships, and club activities.
- Disability Awareness Month Celebration
- “Pigs for a Blanket” Blanket Drive to Benefit Veterans of War
- 1st Annual A.B.L.E. Club “Walk n Roll” Walk a Thon
- Best Buddie 5K Walk at De Anza Cove
- Teriyaki Food Sale fundraiser with PAC (Performing Arts Club)
- Club Fair II
- 2nd Annual A.B.L.E. Club “Walk n Roll” Walk a Thon
Upcoming Events for Fall 2012
- Disability Awareness Day Opportunity Drawing: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 10 a.m.
- “Pigs for a Blanket” Blanket Drive to Benefit Veterans of War, Tuesday, Dec. 2, 2012 at 11 a.m.
Meeting schedule: Every Tuesday in Room 436 at 11 a.m.