Barcelona, Spain 2010
FALL 2010 SOUTHWESTERN COLLEGE IS THE HOST COLLEGE FOR THE SDICCCA STUDY ABROAD PROGRAM IN SPAIN, IN THE CITY OF BARCELONA!!!
(Information is subject to change and will be updated as it becomes available)
The cost for the 9-week program in Barcelona is approximately $6,400 and includes the following:
- Roundtrip airfare to Spain.
- Shared room in a student apartment.
- Native Spanish faculty, and an on-site coordinator in Barcelona.
- Use of the Don Quixote educational facilities in Barcelona with wi-fi on-site hook-up and in-house computer lab.
- Transportation from airports in Spain.
- A 9-week city metro and bus pass while in Spain.
- A one-day excursion to Figueres and the Salvador Dali Museum.
- Weekly cultural activities
- A Barcelona City museum pass
- Student medical and program fee refund insurance policies.
(There is also an additional nonrefundable fee for airline taxes/fees and a $250.00 security deposit, which is refundable at the end of program).
Items not included in the program:
- Course Registration fees ($26.00 per unit)
- Any personal expenses
- Airport departure taxes
- Visa fees
- Passport fees
- And other related items not included in the program cost.
Registration forms and brochures will be available in the International Studies Center, Room 651 (Behind the Southwestern College Bookstore), and online on the Southwestern College home page by mid-January 2010.
A $400.00 application fee is due at the time of registration with the balance of the program costs due in three payments (one in April, one in May and one in June 2010-these are approximate dates at this time).
To be eligible for the program you must have completed at least 12 college units and have a 2.0 grade point average by the end of the spring semester 2010. Priority for this program is given to students attending SDICCCA community colleges.
The semester program would start in late August 2010 and end late-November 2010. There will four weeks of pre-departure class meets at Southwestern College beginning in late August. There will also be three mandatory orientation meetings in August and September. As SWC is hosting this program students will have to register (if you are not currently a Southwestern College student) at Southwestern College for fall 2010, and pay student course registration fees to Southwestern College for the fall 2010 semester.
Please feel free to stop by the International Programs Office, Room 651(Behind the SWC Bookstore) or call us at 482-6504. Our office is open 9-noon and 2-5 p.m., Monday Through Friday, and our email address is IPGlobal@swccd.edu The International Studies Program Coordinator, Dr. Carla Kirkwood or program assistant, Leonora Afuyog will be happy to discuss this program with you.