Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Southwestern College Left Navigation

Home > Faculty/Staff > Risk Management > Workers' Compensation

Workers' Compensation

Workers' Compensation laws requires Southwestern College to provide Workers' Compensation benefits for all employees and volunteers who are injured and/or develop a job related illness due to their employment. These laws determine eligibility for benefits, when benefits begin and the benefits provided.

All persons serving the College as employees qualify for Workers' Compensation coverage, though SWC students (other than student employees) and employees of outside agencies do not qualify.

Download the Workers' Compensation Claim form and Accident Report form (306KB, PDF Adobe PDF icon)

Reporting: Work-related injury or illness

If you are injured or develop a job related illness as a result of your Southwestern College employment follow the steps below:

What To Do

How To Do It
  1. Notify your supervisor
  1. Contact your supervisor
  1. Report this injury or illness to the Risk Management Office
  1. Employee and supervisor complete the Workers' Compensation forms.
Important: Supervisor must report all work related death, catastrophic, serious injuries and illnesses to Risk Management @ 619-482-6432. The Risk Management Office must report the injury or illness to CAL/OSHA within 8 hours from the time of the incident.

  1. Seek medical treatment
  1. Receive first aid at the Nurses's office
  1. For serious injuries and illnesses, go to
    Sharp Rees-Steely, Chula Vista
    Occupational Health Services
    525 Third Ave
    Chula Vista, CA 91910
    (619) 585-4001

    OHS: 7 am – 5 pm Monday - Friday
    Urgent Care: 8 am – 5 pm Daily

    After 8 p.m. Go to:
    Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
    Emergency Room
    751 Medical Court
    Chula Vista, CA 91911
    (619) 482-5825