Class Change Procedures - Fast Track Classes
Fast track classes that have not started may be added 48 hours prior to the class start date using WebAdvisor. After this time, a student must:
Students may add classes during the registration period. Check the class schedule for exact times and dates.
- Forms are available in the Admissions Center in Chula Vista or any Higher Education Center OR
- Go online at www.swccd.edu – Admissions and Registration, then printable forms.
- Complete the form listing the complete class number, course, and course number and go to the first class meeting.
- If space is available, the instructor will give you an add code or sign the add form.
- The add code allows you to avoid lines and add the class through WebAdvisor.
- Go online at www.swccd.edu – WebAdvisor – Register for Classes and click on “Express Registration” OR
- Return the signed add form to Admissions or any Higher Education Center by posted deadlines.
- If you need assistance, call the Admissions Center at 482-6550.
The deadline to add fast track classes is the end of the first week the class meets.
Students who officially withdraw from classes within 10 percent of the actual class meeting days will be entitled to a refund. In many cases with fast track classes, this is the first day of the class. Check with Admissions for the date of specific classes.
Students may drop classes by the following deadlines. Check the class schedule for the exact time and dates.
- Students are responsible for dropping any course prior to the “W” grade deadline.
- Obtain a withdrawal form and complete the form, listing the complete class number, course, and course number
- Return the drop form to Admissions or any Higher Education Center by posted deadlines OR
- Avoid lines and go online at www.swccd.edu click on WebAdvisor. Log in - select Drop Classes listed under Registration.
- If you need assistance, call the Admissions Center at 482-6550
Fast Track and Other Late Start Classes:
- Deadline for refund: 10% point of actual class meeting days
- No “W” deadline: 30% point of actual class meeting days
- Deadline to drop: 75% point of actual class meeting days
In many cases, this is the first day of the class. Dates will vary for late start and fast track classes. Check with the AdmissionsCenter at 619-482-6550.