The locations and price are the same as previous Parking Dispensers (Lot B, F, J, O and P and $3 for a daily permit)
The dispensers will provide change for bills up to five dollars ($5). Change will be returned in quarters. The dispensers accept debit and credit cards.
The Daily Dispenser permit is ONLY valid on the date that is printed on the receipt and in any student space (white-lined). It is NOT valid in staff space (yellow-lined), meter parking or for overnight parking.
Questions? Please contact Parking Services at (619) 216-6611.
On-campus parking is supervised by the Southwestern College Police Department. Parking and traffic are enforced at all times in all Southwestern College locations and parking lots. The following rules and regulations pertain to all vehicles within the jurisdiction of Southwestern College.
Parking Services hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. We are closed on all District holidays.
If you have any parking related questions and cannot find your answer here, please do not hesitate to contact us through email at email@example.com or by dialing (619) 216-6611.
- All regulatory signs on campus must be obeyed. Violators will be cited under California Vehicle Code.
- The maximum speed limit on the campus is 20 MPH. No stopping, parking, or passing is allowed on the perimeter road of the main campus at any time.
- Parking is allowed in marked spaces only. Parking in triangles, along roadways, or along parking lot curbing is prohibited. Overflow parking will be allowed ONLY in the dirt area adjacent to Lot O on the main campus. Permits are required in the overflow parking area. (Campus Map)
- The visitor parking lot located at the Main Campus, Chula Vista is located in parking Lot A with green marked spaces (this is to be considered short-term parking intended for visitors). Visitor parking has a time limit of 30 minutes max with the purchase of the visitor parking permit this fee is $1.00. To purchase this visitor permit the parking dispenser is located in Lot A (and is option B or 2).
- Short-term meter parking is intended for only 45 minutes and is available at the Higher Education Centers, Otay Mesa and San Ysidro. The meter has a maximum time limit of 45 minutes for $1.00. Additional coins will not give additional time on the meters located at the Higher Education Centers.
- Parking Permits are required the first day of classes of each semester at all Southwestern College sites. Except metered or disabled person spaces, all vehicles must have a valid parking permit, properly displayed at all times while parked on any campus. Permits are not valid in metered spaces. Vehicles parked in disabled person spaces must display valid state-issued disabled person Placards at all times.
- Staff parking spaces (Yellow marked spaces) require a valid staff parking permit at all times. Staff permits are valid in student and staff parking spaces. They are not valid for metered, visitor, or disabled person parking spaces.
- Student parking spaces (white marked spaces) require a valid student semester parking permit or a single day parking permit, Monday through Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.,. Student semester parking permits are available in the Cashier's Office located in the Student Services Center or at the other College sites.
- Single day permits, valid the date of issuance, are available for $3.00 from permit dispensers at various locations on campus. (See attached map) These daily permits are valid in student spaces only.
- Motorcycles may be parked only in areas designated for motorcycle parking and require a valid motorcycle permit. Multi-vehicle parking permits and single day parking permits are not available for motorcycle parking at this time.
- Purchase of a parking permit does NOT guarantee a parking space. The responsibility for finding a legal parking space rests with the operator of the vehicle. Lack of space is not an excuse for illegal parking.
- Southwestern College is not responsible for lost or stolen permits. Replacement permits may be purchased in the Cashier's Office at full value.
- A refund (or a credit of the parking permit fee) for a student semester parking permit can be processed in the Cashier's Office ONLY during the class change/refund period of the semester for which it was purchased. The permit must be returned in order for a refund or a credit to be processed. Refunds are not given for single day parking permits.
- Special permits may be issued by the College Police Department and parking services. Such permits must be displayed on the dashboard, face up.
- All vehicles remaining for more than 15 minutes in any loading zone on campus will be cited.
- Parking or loitering on campus after 11:00 p.m. or after special events is prohibited.
- Vehicles using duplicated or fraudulent parking permits will be cited, permits confiscated and referred to Student Affairs for disciplinary action.
Parking will be enforced in all Faculty/Staff parking lots. Parking permits are required in all lots. New faculty and staff employees may obtain a staff parking permit from the Parking Services Office in 105D.
A Request for Preliminary Administrative Review of Parking Citation form (PDF) should be completed within 21 days of receipt of the parking citation. The Administrative Review form may be obtained at the College Police Office, or (by pressing the Ctrl key on your keyboard, and clicking on the blue/bolded text above).
The Administrative Review form can also be downloaded as an Electronic Form (Word). Once completed please send this form to firstname.lastname@example.org for review or it may be submitted in person at the College Police Department in room 105 D or by mail to:
Southwestern College Police Department
900 Otay Lakes Road Bldg 105D
Chula Vista, CA 91910