What is Online Learning?
Orientation for Online and Web Enhanced Classroom students.
Please read and follow these directions:
- Read all of the orientation information.
- You will find navigation text at the bottom of each page.
- To get to your course web site, click on the Login link located on the SWC online welcome page, and type your new username and password at the next login page.
- After you have logged in, you will see your class name on the right side of your screen.
- To access your class just click on the name and you will be taken to your online class welcome page.
- Enter your required email address and change your password by clicking on Personal Information, then Edit Personal Information from your welcome page.
- Characteristics of Online Students
- Characteristics of Online Classes
- Online Learning Tips
- What Makes You a Successful Online Student?
- My Enrollment Information
- If you need Help
- Minimum System Requirements
- Educational Planning For You
- Netiquette, part I
- Netiquette, part II
It is important that you send an email to your instructor by the first day of class, to let him/her know that you have successfully enrolled in your class! Follow the instructions that your instructor has placed on your announcements page.
If you have any trouble please use this link to contact your instructor and tell him/her what the problem is. Don't worry, you will arrive into your class so you can begin your learning adventure.