Saturday, July 4, 2015

Southwestern College Left Navigation

Home > Financial Aid > Financial Aid Programs > Cal Grant (State Aid)

Cal Grant (State Aid)

To apply for Cal Grants, you must complete the FAFSA and have Southwestern College and/or your previous college or high school certify your Grade Point Average (GPA). To qualify for Cal Grant A, which helps pay for tuition and fees, you must have at least a 3.0 GPA. To qualify for Cal Grant B, which provides a living allowance for low-income students, you must have at least a 2.0 GPA. To qualify for Cal Grant C, which pays tuition and training-related costs for students completing a career technical education oriented program, there is no GPA requirement.

Every high school senior who meets the program and academic requirements, falls within the family income and asset ceiling, and applies on time, will receive a Cal Grant A or B entitlement award.

For more information, visit the Financial Aid office in the Student Services Center, 1st floor, or call 619-482-6357