Institutional Student Learning Outcomes Resource Center
The Institutional Student Learning Outcomes Resource Center, in alignment with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, facilitates outcomes assessment in order to support student learning, pursues institutional excellence and guides/promotes campus-wide self-reflective dialogue for continuous improvement.
Through the outcomes assessment process, Southwestern College meets the learning needs of its students thereby fostering exceptional learners and leaders who promote education and economic achievement within the community.
- Facilitating the assessment process in both academic and administrative units.
- Maintaining authentic assessment practices and the collection of useful data.
- Guiding campus-wide dialogue of assessment results and encouraging self-reflective dialogue about educational quality and improvement.
- Aligning the assessment process and mission statement in order to achieve the goals Southwestern College endeavors to accomplish.
- Providing the means through which student learning is assessed, assessing how well learning is occurring, and strive to improve student learning through ongoing, systematic, and integrated planning.
- Providing training in the writing, implementation, measurement and assessment of Student Learning Outcomes, Program Student Learning Outcomes, Administrative Unit Outcomes and Student Affairs Service Outcomes.
- Provides activities, tools and rubrics with faculty/unit members for the measurement of learning outcomes.
- Provides FLEX and Hurdle activities for academic, student service and administrative units.
- Provides assistance with the maintenance of written records of outcome assessment results, plans of improvement and committee meetings.
- Problem solves issues that emerge in the area of learning outcomes assessment and recommends solutions concerning these issues to appropriate bodies on campus.