Buenos Aires, Argentina 2012 CANCELED
The Buenos Aires trip has been canceled
Four-week intensive Spanish language program
Buenos Aires, Argentina |
June 23-July 21, 2012
Southwestern College is offering a 4-week intensive Spanish language program in Buenos Aires, Argentina in conjunction with AIFS. The program is specifically geared toward students interested in intensive Spanish language study in a Spanish speaking country, and will be led by two of our outstanding Southwestern College Spanish faculty.
Three different levels of Spanish are included in this program. All students must be enrolled in one course in order to participate in this academic based, study abroad program: Spanish 101, 102 and 215.
- Housing in homestay families in Buenos Aires, in twin room accommodation with daily breakfast and dinner and located within twenty to thirty minutes travel time of the AIFS Student Centre.
- A ‘subte’ travel pass carrying up to sixty journeys on the Metro system in the central zone of Buenos Aires
- An orientation program in Buenos Aires consisting of an orientation meeting with AIFS staff, student information packet including comprehensive student handbook, local area information, a welcome dinner and half-day sightseeing tour of Buenos Aires by private bus with the services of a professional English-speaking guide
- A Spanish Language course taught at three different levels for 16 hours a week, Monday through Thursday in the morning. Local Argentinian professors will teach all on-site language courses.
- Access to the AIFS Student Centre in Buenos Aires and the services of an experienced AIFS Program Coordinator for information, advice and mail services and 24 hour emergency contact service.
- Access to free Internet at the Study Centre.
- A weekly cultural calendar to include such events as an Argentine cooking class, a tango workshop, walking tours, and museum visits.
- A farewell dinner and tango show.
- Student medical and program fee refund insurance policies, as outlined in the AIFS insurance brochure. Coverage includes $10,000 accidental medical expense and $10,000 accidental death payment plus 24-hour emergency care assistance during the program and repatriation in cases of verified emergency beyond the students’ control.
The program is open to all college students, with priority enrollment through February 15, 2012 for Southwestern College students only. After that date (beginning February 16, 2012) students from other institutions and the community are eligible to apply. Students from other SDICCCA Colleges and the community are urged to participate.
If you are interested in this program contact us at IPGlobal@swccd.edu and get on our list for meeting announcements.
Students must have completed at least 6 college credits with a GPA of 2.0 or better and be at least 18 years of age at time of departure.
Participants must complete all application materials and pay the deposit ($400) at the time of application and all subsequent payments in order to participate in this academic program.
Program costs per person based on 25 participants: $4,175.00 plus $619.16 in tax and fuel surcharges and the per-unit credit cost.
For more information contact the Center for International Programs in Room 651 (Behind the Southwestern College Bookstore) or write us at IPGlobal@swccd.edu.