To serve students by creating exceptional academic experiences
Join the Honors Program by enrolling in one or more courses designated with an honors section. Course offerings vary by semester. For more information, contact Myriam Moody, Honors Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cecilia Cabico, Honors Counselor, at email@example.com
- Entering freshman – Have an overall minimum GPA of 3.5 in all high school work.
Continuing student - Have completed a minimum of 12 units of college-level courses with a GPA of 3.2 in all college work, and be eligible for English 115.
- Provide copies of transcripts of previous academic work to the Honors Counselor. Unofficial copies will be accepted. Entering freshman should submit high school transcript; continuing students with coursework outside SWC should submit college transcript.
- Must be eligible for English 115 and proficient in college-level reading.
Interested students may register for an Honors course during the registration period and complete an Honors contract (once eligibility has been met) during the first four weeks of class. Each Honors course taken and accepted by the Honors Committee is recorded as such on the transcript.
Program Completion Requirements
- Complete a minimum of 15 units or more in Honors courses.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2 in all Honors courses and a minimum overall GPA of 3.2