Welcome! Here you will find everything you need to know about receiving money to help pay for college expenses including books, fees and transportation. Funds are provided by the federal government and the state of California in the form of loans, grants, on-campus jobs and scholarships.
Financial Aid programs attempt to fill the gap that may exist between the cost of education and the money available to students from family, employment, savings, and other resources. Southwestern College’s Financial Aid programs assist students who might otherwise be unable to continue their education due to financial hardship and by working on your application together, we can help you understand how to pay your way through college and help you reach your goals more quickly.
You can also use our Net Price Calculator to get an estimate on how much it will cost to attend Southwestern College and the amount of grants and scholarships for which you may qualify.
We look forwarding to assisting you in reaching your academic goals!
IMPORTANT Financial Aid News!!
- Southwestern College has formed a partnership with HigherOne banking services to give students additional options for receiving their Financial Aid disbursements. Click here to get information.
- There are many new changes to financial aid for the 2012-13 year. These changes affect Pell Grants, loans, Ability-to-Benefit, BOG Fee Waivers, AB 131 (California Dream Act), course repeats and more. Please click here for more information.
- Fill out your 2012-2013 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) now! This is the first step to receiving financial aid, so please apply online here.
- BOGG fee waiver applications for 2012-2013 are available. Click here to apply.
- Financial aid applications are not reviewed until they are complete and all requested forms and documents have been submitted to the office. Due to the high volume of financial aid applications submitted this year, please allow adequate time for processing. You will be notified via email for all document requests and award notifications.
- All award notifications and financial aid communication are being sent via email. Please double check to be sure that your correct email address is on file to ensure that you do not miss any important information. Click here to log into your WebAdvisor account.
Cesar E. Chavez Student Services Center
Telephone: (619) 482-6357
Fax: (619) 482-6444
Fall 2012 Hours:
School Code: 001294