Home > News
Designed to provide insight and information on all the major happenings on campus, our News page is regularly updated to ensure you are up-to-date.
- Southwestern College Celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month
Celebrating the contributions Hispanics have made and continue to make in our society.
- Southwestern College Announces Nearly $180,000 In New State Funding For Nursing Program
Funding will help college retrain service members as registered nurses.
- Southwestern College Board Approves $93 Million Budget For FY 2010-11
For second consecutive year, College plans to educate 700 more students than state will fund.
- Southwestern College Named One Of Nation's Top Military Friendly Schools
Honor follows $100,000 grant to expand veteran programs and services.
- Southwestern College Announces Major New Partnership To Improve Nursing Education
Partnership with San Diego Hospice and The Institute for Palliative Medicine to improve its nursing education program.
- Southwestern College Launches State-Of-The-Art English As Second Language (ESL) Program
Program will help students develop English skills necessary to succeed in college, workforce.
- Southwestern College Announces More Classes For Its Students
For Fall 2010, the College will offer 2,002 class sections, an increase of 34 class sections from 2009.