Home > News
Designed to provide insight and information on all the major happenings on campus, our News page is regularly updated to ensure you are up-to-date.
- Architecture Students Display Winning Project
Life-size architectural structures that were part of a statewide competition—along with a dozen models of assorted structures—were on display during the Architecture Program open house.
- Feminism and Masculinity
Jeffrey Bucholtz on violence prevention
- Foundation Gala a Success
Under a moonlit night, members of the community joined with Southwestern College recently to raise funds for educational programs and student scholarships.
- Students Schooled on Prop. 30
Students were able to hear both sides of the Proposition 30 ballot measure argument during a forum held on the Chula Vista campus.
- Natural Selection Partnering with College on Drug Research
SWC chemistry Prof. David Hecht is partnering with a San Diego technology company on research for anti-malarial drug discovery.
- Getting Technical Participant Bios
- Budget Cuts Impact Veterans' Education Options
The region’s community college leaders say dwindling budgets are affecting their ability to serve military members and veterans returning from today’s conflicts and heading back to school.
- Center for International Trade Development to Share in Grant
STEP grant from U.S. Small Business Administration will help fund training and technical assistance.
- Governing Board Approves Budget
The Governing Board adopted a budget that includes several major reductions and draws down on the district's reserves. The board also approved a resolution in support of Proposition 30.