For Immediate Release
Sept. 26, 2011
Linda Gilstrap, Dean of Institutional Effectiveness
(619) 482-6303 or email@example.com
College to Hold Community Forum on Strategic Plan
CHULA VISTA -- South San Diego County residents are invited to help shape the immediate future plans of Southwestern College by participating in a community forum on Saturday, Oct. 1, 2011.
The panel presentation, review of the region’s environment and educational needs, and group discussions will help the ongoing renewal of the 2012-15 Strategic Plan for the college, which continues to be the only public institution of higher learning in the South County.
The current strategic plans for the college can be viewed online at swccd.edu/planning.
Panelists speaking on “Southwestern College: Understanding our College and Community” include:
- Denise Whittaker, Interim Superintendent/President of Southwestern College.
- Gary Halbert, Assistant City Manager/Director of Development Services for Chula Vista.
- Chris Zapata, City Manager for National City.
- Gary Brown, City Manager for City Manager.
- Stephen Weidlich, AECOM.
- Linda Gilstrap, Dean of Institutional Effectiveness for the college.
- John Brown, Director of Facilities, Operations and Planning for the college.
- John Mendez, South County Economic Development Council.
The presentation will be followed by a review of SWC’s mission, vision, and strategic priorities and small-group goal-setting discussions.
The forum will be from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Student Union East at Southwestern College, 900 Otay Lakes Road in Chula Vista. Those who would like to participate are asked to RSVP to Linda Gilstrap at (619) 482-6303 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Southwestern College
Accredited since 1964, Southwestern College is the only public institution of higher education in southern San Diego County, serving approximately 400,000 residents of communities including Bonita, Chula Vista, Imperial Beach, National City, Nestor, Otay Mesa, Palm City, San Ysidro, Sunnyside and Coronado. The College District offers more than 300 associate degree and certificate options. For more information, visit www.swccd.edu.